Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brand Yourself

I have always been interested in how people start to become known through search engines like Google.  For example, I bought my first car from somebody named Nick Ayler.  At the time he was unknown and lived in Buffalo, NY.  As the years progressed, he pursued careers in acting, DJ and modeling.  If you searched his name when I bought my car, he would of never have shown up.  If you search is name now (go do it), you will be flooded with articles and pictures pertaining to him.
It's fascinating that somebody can rise up from all the useless content online and that links pertaining to them will show up immediately on search engines.  I have searched my name a few times and barely anything comes up beyond my Facebook profile.  That is, until I discovered BrandYourself.  I found out about this incredible website through an article on the Huffington Post.


BrandYourself allows you to manipulate what links come up when somebody searches your name.  You can link positive links about yourself to your profile to help them rise to the top of the search list.

BrandYourself also gives you tips on how these links can relate to you and help show positive links about you by "boosting" it.  It seems to be a powerful way to express yourself in a professional way and to control what content about you is in cyberspace.



I have created my own BrandYourself page and have followed one of their tips and included a link to it on this blog post.  this way the BUILDMEUP blog will now show up quicker when somebody searches my name.



CLICK ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment