Wednesday, December 19, 2012

You mean I can't just throw it all in a book?

Apparently a design portfolio has evolved into its own art form. 

I have spent a lot of time slaving away at attempting to put together a respectable graphic design portfolio. In the end my book looked like a child's "glue stick" arts and craft project.  After this failure I was introduced to creating a website which only ended up to look more boring than my book.

After reading A Knockout Portfolio, I have realized that developing a successful portfolio is not so cut and dry as well, arts and crafts.  Matias Corea describes how an online portfolio should tell a story about your work in a way that still represents you.  

He continues to explain that your website should be simple and not cluttered with information about the piece or about you.  His advice made me take a step back and realize I was trying to hard to follow a guideline and I need to just express my work by grouping it into one large online piece.  I look forward to getting creative with my portfolio and making an appealing online work. 
                                                    - Greg Borowiak

No comments:

Post a Comment